CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 3, 2013

ScrapbookSteals.com Blog Hop!

Happy Friday!  I am excited to be a stop along the Scrapbook Steals' May blog hop.  ScrapbookSteals.com is one of my go to websites for scrapbook supplies.  When Melodee said we would be working with twine my heart skipped a beat.  My heart skipped another beat when I was told it was Two Berry Creative Twine with two colors!  

I ended up making ornaments using twine balls.  What?  I know it is a little strange, but my mind has been on Christmas with all the snow we received this Spring.   Here are a few pictures of the finished ornaments.


{This picture was taken when the skies was grey, which is why you see the variance in colors.  The twine is really the color in the next two pictures}





The ornaments are just darling.  The twine rolls have 300 feet of twine, this is an inexpensive and quick way to use up some twine and get a head start to the holidays.  I still have over half of the twine left and plan on making a decor item for my daughters room using the same concept.  I will wrap the twine around larger balloons, add a few butterflies for detail and hang them from her ceiling.
  




Enter to win a $20 ScrapbookSteals.com gift code:

Visit each of the designers’ blogs and leave a comment at every stop along the way (including this post). Be this month’s random lucky winner by leaving a comment on one of the six blogs!  Now let's getting hopping!

  1. ScrapbookSteals 
  2. Memorable Scraps - Neela Nalam
  3. Want Less Create More - Judy Stech (You are here - leave a comment!)
  4. Alison Day Designs - Alison Day 
  5. Scrappin' Chaos - Charity Hotrum
  6. Stephanie's Scrap World - Stephanie Umpleby
You have until 11:59 PM MT on Sunday, May 5th, to comment. Have a great time hopping!

Wait!  One last item I need to mention.  ScrapbookSteals.com is hosting National Scrapbook Day Celebration with 4 Challenges  Here is the second challenge:  


Challenge #2 - Your favorite song...now

Create a layout inspired by your favorite song right now.  It could be an old favorite or a new one.  It could be the title of your layout or mentioned in the journaling.  Think of Bruno Mars' "Just the Way You Are" and create a layout of a loved one.  Or maybe it's Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" and a layout dedicated to your kids.  Check out all of the challenges here:  National Scrapbook Day Celebration

Whew!  I hope you found some inspiration and remember to leave a comment!

36 comments:

  1. beautiful!!! I love using lyrics in my layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those ornaments! Such a cute idea. I have plenty of twine so I should get a head start on ornaments. I hope your snow melts soon and that you guess can enjoy spring an summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy B (on some blogs) ~ thanks for participating and the info on how to use the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How creative! Love the ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love making our own ornaments!! I can see making these for several holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow- what a great use of twine! I'm definitely trying this- thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea for something the kids can make for gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat idea! if you have twine left over, you are welcome to send it my way LOL)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really diggin this National Scrapbooking Day business. Too fun and lots to win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet the decor for your daughters room is going to look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great idea! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super fun! Love the idea of adding butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way to get a jump on Christmas scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute!! Never would have thought of doing this with twine :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never thought of using twine this way. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gonna have to try this...looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love making Christmas ornaments! This twine would be awesome to wrap around Candy canes to make into ornaments :) thanks for the Idea!

    Micia
    yellowbirdcreation@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. what great fun. I love your ornaments

    ReplyDelete
  19. A really clever idea and never too early to think about Christmas projects.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I never would have thought of this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the texture the yarn adds to the ornaments! Such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really great way to use twine. I love this pink and grey one. Be sure to share pics of the decorations you make later, and maybe a how-to to show us all how you do it? I get the wrapping around a balloon, but do you have to adhere it and how??

    ReplyDelete
  23. did you use starch? cute little touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. So creative! Will need to try this for Xmas decorations with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love those ornaments - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Scrapbook day...what fun...thanks for chance to win...WOWSA @giveaways and projects so much fun.

    chris@iwooten.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. GREAT idea! I never would have thought to use twine in this manner. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have so much twine! What a great way to use a bunch and create a really great ornament in the process! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete